Tuesday, August 24, 2010

11 weeks/DR

So I'm now 11 weeks. I had my first appointment today, since I found out so late and didn't find out at all. I mean, 9 weeks is fairly late, it makes a difference. I can't believe I didn't realize it sooner, honestly. I mean, I did start suspecting it 2 weeks before I found out, but I didn't get myself up to take a test for a bit. :/ But anyway. Everything is good, doctor said the heartbeat is normal, measurements look like I'm about 11 weeks and said I was right and would be due March 14, like I thought. I'm not really having morning sickness thank god, just a bad gag reflex and a lot of nausea. I just feel really blah. It's weird, because I'm SO achy and even cramp-y. It sucks, but not much I can do about it. And at least I'm not sitting over a toilet all day. I've gained about 4 pounds, which is pretty normal for me. I can't believe I just found out and now I'm about to be in my second trimester.
Via BabyCenter, the baby is 1 1/2 inches long, and the size of a fig. It's almost fully formed, with hands, legs, fingers and toes. It's moving, kicking, and stretching in there. The skin is still transparent, and the bones are beginning to harden. It's also able to open and close hands into fists.
I'm still getting okay sleep. I mean, sometimes I'm restless but I don't know if that's because I'm pregnant or because I'm just nervous about everything and am thinking about things a lot. I'm not showing quite yet, but I'm really bloated a lot, and my pants are tighter. It's weird. :/ No cravings yet, but I've got some major aversions to some random things like fish, pickles, boiled eggs and some chocolate. Which is weird, usually I love pickles and chocolate. Strange. :O
At my doctor's appointment, they just asked me a whole bunch of questions about my relationship with friends, family, my parents, the dad. They asked about my grades, my extra-curriculars, if I did drugs/drank (or if I ever have) and other random questions like that. They listened to the heartbeat first, then did an ultra sound, weighed me, etc. Like I said, everything is normal, so that's good I guess....
I'm still in shock that I'm pregnant, really. Madi went to the appointment with me, it was nice to have someone there for me. :) 
On BabyCenter, I see women who have struggled to get pregnant for a long time, or who have had multiple losses and have experienced so much heartbreak and let downs... And I just wonder why I got pregnant, not one of them? Not one of those who were deserving, ready, excited. People who will make great parents. Not me, a high school student with minimal support, and who dreads this whole thing. I just don't think it's fair. :/ But I guess there's nothing I can do about it except hope that I can get more excited about this as the pregnancy goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you and that your parents will be more supportive. I've found that pregnancy (and life for that matter) is what you make of it. I'm sure you'll be an excellent mother. Look to God for support because He will never turn His back to you. If you need/want to talk, I'd be happy to listen.

    ReplyDelete